Root Canal Therapy From Your Dentist in Haddon Heights
If you're like most people, you probably think of root canal therapy as a dreaded dental procedure. But the truth is, this type of therapy is incredibly important for your oral health and can even save your smile!
What is root canal therapy?
This treatment is necessary when the soft tissue inside your tooth's root becomes infected. The infection can be caused by several things, including decay, a crack or chip in your tooth, or even an injury. If left untreated, the infection can spread to other parts of your mouth and body and cause serious health problems.
Some of the benefits of this treatment include:
- Preserving your natural tooth. By removing infection, root canal therapy can save your tooth from extraction, which means your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Improving your oral health. Eradicating infection means your oral and overall health is prioritized and improved.
- Preventing future problems. If you have an infected tooth, it's important to get root canal therapy as soon as possible. This will help prevent the infection from spreading and causing further damage to nearby teeth.
How do I know if I need root canal therapy?
If you're experiencing any of the following symptoms, it's important to call us right away:
- A severe toothache that doesn't go away with over-the-counter pain medication.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold drinks or foods.
- Swelling in your gums and/or a pimple-like growth near the affected tooth
- Darkening of the tooth
At Haddon Heights Smiles in Haddon Heights, we are committed to providing all of our patients with the high-quality, individualized care they deserve. Call us today if you suspect you need root canal therapy and let us help you save your smile!
Ask Us About Root Canal Therapy Today
- Eradicate pain
- Save your infection or damaged tooth
- Prevent the spread of infection to nearby teeth
- Maintain your smile and appearance
- Prioritize your oral health!